Thursday, September 26, 2013
Response 2 to Class Discussion: Books
I really enjoyed Lecture 3 about books, mainly because I knew the material we were going over. I learned a little bit about Gutenberg's metal movable type printing press in the seventh grade. I like when I know at least a small amount about a topic that we learn about in class. Even though I don't know everything about the subject, it helps me understand better when I have some knowledge. As I heard more information about books, I began to think about how life would be like without Gutenberg's invention. The One Question Quiz asked that very question. I thought that Mr. Miller covered everything that could be acceptable as an answer. There's never a time when I sit down to do a quiz in J1 and I have no idea what the answer is-- this is because everything on our quizzes were discussed in class. I find that extremely helpful. A lot of the time in middle school, our tests would have questions on the subject we were learning about, but not necessarily the things the teacher went over. It's great to have a teacher who actually helps you learn things, rather than giving you a book and saying, "Memorize this."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment