Listening to music is a common thing teens do in their free time, myself included. I didn't know the invention of the radio was in the late 19th/early 20th century, until we discussed the history of radio in J1. I found it really interesting that any station on the right of the Mississippi River had a 'W' as the first letter in their 4 letter code, and on the left of the Mississippi, stations had a 'K.' I never paid attention that before, but not that I know that fact, I can't help but notice.
Although the radio is still around today, thanks to niche stations and radio hosts having viewers call in, it has certainly become less popular. Just based on myself and many of the people I know, most people would rather use another source for music. Pandora, 8tracks, Spotify, Youtube, etc. are just a few examples of websites/apps that allow an individual to listen to the music of their choice, whenever and wherever. Radio isn't portable like a small laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
No comments:
Post a Comment