Thursday, November 14, 2013
Class Discussion ; Movies
Who doesn't love a good movie theater visit? There are many reasons why movies are still popular. Going to a theater to enjoy a movie is pegged as an activity to do with friends or family. Watching a movie in a theater alone is deemed a little strange. Personally, it makes me feel bad for that person. To me, it's like watching an elderly person eating alone in a restaurant: it's just sad. The overwhelming experience is a big reason because of the fact that it can't be done at home. Yes, you can watch a movie at home with friends, but unless you are rich, you probably don't have a movie theater room in your house. The humongous screen, surround sound, the darkness, is really difficult to recreate. Lastly, the cultural experience. For some reason, people are so obsessed with being the first to do something. You won't be one of the firsts unless you go to the theater. No one wants to be that friend that is singled out, so people will go see a movie just to fit in. I wouldn't say I'm one to follow under peer pressure, but I am a part of the group that wants to see movies when they first come out because I can't wait until it comes out on DVD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment